WATCH the video → the Frankel fire @ Vinery Stakes 2021 winner (2000m) 2017 ch.filly Hungry Heart (AUS)
& winner of Phar Lap Stakes 3yo (G2) & Sweet Embrace Stakes 2yo (G2)
Hungry Heart Horse Pedigree (pedigreequery.com) female family 9c distaff to Mumtaz Begum (FR) & her daughter, a 1/2 sister to Nasrullah
Our last article advanced blue-hens – concealed and forgotten. And amongst those individuals is Marchetta (GB) 1907, of the female family 1-W
Owned and bred by Lord Derby, Marchetta sired by Marco & of ancestry, the West Australian line. Her sublime ancestral breeding has 3×3 Hermit.
– Marco (Barcaldine) sire of Beppo (a leading sire), Neil Gow, sire of Jean Gow, Omar Khayam first import to win Kentucky Derby, Marcovil sire of Hurry On, Sir Marco & Springlawn sent to South Africa 1911.
Marchetta bred 13 foals of which 9 were winners. Amongst those progeny – Sweet Lavender to her daughters, Kalmia & Lavendula and referenced below, the daughter Rose Red (GB)
It’s not fully fathomable how powerful these together, largely impact the superior racing thoroughbred. Since, of course, the famously Blue-hen daughters Source Sucree produced Turn-To & Perfume produced My Babu.
– in dark quarters.. Rose Red (GB) from, Marchetta female distaff to Bustino (GB) – grand-dam sire of Pivotal and he, the broodmare sire of Hungry Heart. Further note here… Hungry Heart’s 5th dam distaff by sire, Hail to Reason/Turn-To/ Marchetta
– the Marchetta daughter Rose Red (GB) also appears to sire of sires, Galileo via, dam **Urban Sea/Allegretta/Anatevka through Anatevka’s grand-sire Acropolis (GB).
**Rose Red has 3x’s to Hermit.
Acropolis was a Champion 3yo colt in England and his dam Aurora, the grand-daughter of Marchetta also produced full brother Alycidon (GB) and half-brother Borealis (GB)
TBL never covered an article to Frankel. He however (to my estimation) is strongly influenced by Blandford – note, his dam Kind has 5th dam Nasira by Persian Gulf/Bahram/Blandford.
– Stage Door Johnny, 2nd dam by Caldarium (FR) → Brantome/Blandford
– Rainbow Quest (USA) , 4th dam by His Grace (GB) by Blandford
– Blushing Groom (FR) – 3rd dam by Umidwar by Blandford
– Blushing Groom – broodmare sire Wild Risk (FR) from Wild Violet by Blandford
– Nasrullah – from Mumtaz Begum by Blenheim by Blandford
– Espresso (GB) – his dam Babylon by Bahram by Blandford ++ Acropolis, Donnatello / Blenheim / Blandford
Hungry Heart’s female distaff (as noted) the female family 9c Mumtaz Begum by Blenheim by Blandford. Her daughter is Bibibeg (IRE) by Bahram by Blandford.
This supreme approach heads back on dominant DNA clusters & has one of the most critical-mass purposed, to superior thoroughbred and racehorse breeding.
Of Frankel progeny: compare Cracksman (broodmare sire Pivotal) – female family 9c distaff Mumtaz Begum by Blenheim by Blandford.
– *Lorenzaccio (GB) by Klairon from Marchetta’s distaff – Lorenzaccio’s 2nd dam by Big Game by Bahram by Blandford
Without Parole (GB) (Frankel – Without You by Lemon Drop Kid) Lemon Drop Kid female family 3-l the Gay Missile/Missy Baba distaff as clustered on Marchetta f.f.1W via Turn-To & My Babu.
Anapurna (Frankel – Dash to the Top) 2nd dam sire Nashwan → 3rd dam sire Borealis (GB) + Bustino 2x Rose Red/ Marchetta ++ Blushing Groom (Fr) per Blandford as above
Call the Wind (GB) (Frankel – In Clover by Inchinor ) Inchinor/Anhonorra/*Lorenzaccio. In Clover , 3rd dam Bellarida inbred 3×3 Le Fabuleux (Fr) by Wild risk from Wild Violet by Blandford
Logician (GB) – (Frankel – Scuffle) 3rd dam sire Nashwan by Blushing Groom (Blandford) + b/m sire Bustino (Rose Red/Marchetta). Scuffles 5th dam sire, Sir Ivor/Sir Gaylord/Turn-To ie Marchetta.
Dream Castle (GB) – (Frankel – Sand Vixen by Dubawi) 3rd dam sire, Free State (IRE) 3x Blandford by a sire of Rose Red/Marchetta distaff → Hotfoot Hotfoot Horse Pedigree (pedigreequery.com)
THE PATTERN … Enable (Nathaniel – Concentric) the very discreet Rose Red (GB)/Marchetta as infused in her 3rd dam by Ile de Bourbon (Nijinsky) via, the grand-dam sire Fastnet Rock (FR) dam distaff f.f. 1-W ⇔ Rosetta/Rose Red/Marchetta.
– Meet Rose Red again, via Galileo (prior discussed above ) → **Urban Sea/Allegretta/Anatevka . Enable 3×2 Sadlers Wells – but also remember the female family 5h back to Rough Shod is sired by Blandford.
here’s a toast to …Rose Red (GB)