Only the good die Young
*( reposted – content written before his major successes)
Medina Spirit (US) 3 year old colt (Protonico – Mongolian Changa ex- Brilliant Speed)
The subject pedigree Medina Spirit makes little suggestion as non-commercial type – by the Giants Causeway stallion son Protonica – his stud fee @ $US,5000k
Trained by Bob Baffert, Medina Spirit is a qualifying contender for the 2021 Kentucky Derby.
Florida-bred, this yearling colt Medina Spirit – prior sold for $US1000 to a later breeze-up purchase at $35k.
The insight to his pedigree has an interesting if not, fascinating twist.
Before preceding an individual had queried where to capture desired phenotype- genotype – asking which pursuable bloodline to chase?
The bloodline & sire solution went by Holy Bull ((Great Above (USA) – Sharon Brown (USA)).
Holy Bull – 1994 American Horse of the Year & Champion 3 year old colt → review his record performances here
Holy Bull is surely an elevation to genotype. His ‘upgrading’ an excellent duplication exercises his potency and to explain…
Holy Bull 2X Questionnaire paternal & as infused to his bottom line @ maternal.
(n.b. prior → and they’re off – Kentucky 2020 presents that Rough n’ Tumble to grand-sire Questionnaire by Sting translates 3×4 Domino plus, 5×5 Sandiway TO transmit one holy prototype.
– their lays within Sandiway – a genetic pathway to Martha’s daughters…
To those long ‘breeding’ angles…it is recognizing the physical specimen must deliver ‘something’ beyond itself and as if ‘thrown back’.
– Back on track…., Rough n’ Tumble the Kentucky Derby conduit factor via, Fappiano (Mr Prospector), Fappiano’s maternal grand-sire Dr Fager by Rough n’ Tumble.
Medina Spirit ⇔ 7Dx8dx7D – Rough n’ Tumble
– re: speed factors via the sire/grand-sire Giants Causeway incl. to 3x Secretariat, 5sx5sx6d
The formidable Roberto (below) – 5sx4D → his sire Hail to Reason.
Roberto … an exemplary figure, goes to the mit. DNA
It is isolating out, those almost forgotten, for where go those profound identities brings ancestral history duplication. Look Deep…
‘they’re ‘looking’ back to going forward….’
bring forth individuals to consider how they’re built in and on
breed back to as many lines of prepotent females as possible
– go to the grand-dam sire, the 3yo champion colt Unbridled noting 5×5 Rough n’ Tumble.
– it lays down to the 3x dam to Aspidistra (USA) female family 1r that strikes my aha… the dam of Dr Fager, 4th dam of Unbridled and Holy Bull’s paternal dam the Hall of Fame champion sprinter named, Ta Wee, a 1/2 sister to Dr Fager
Aspidistra – Reines-de-Course (reines-de-course.com) has her photo
what’s up front in a family tree may have a passive role. What’s carried in behind, in the equine engine room, may exercise a greater influence in developing a horses’ aptitude. Upgrading Thoroughbred Families – Jack Glengarry